Central Texas Meetings & Events
Please join us for our upcoming AACEI Central Texas section meeting and dinner on Thursday, January 28th at 6:00 pm. We are very excited to have Julie Owen, the President of AACE, as the presenter this month.
Meeting and dinner will be held at AGC (The Associated General Contractors of America-Austin Chapter) and virtually for those who cannot attend in person. In addition, there will be a happy hour after the meeting. Please invite colleagues or friends who you think may be interested in attending the meeting.
Details for the meeting are provided below:
AGC(The Associated General Contractors of America-Austin Chapter)
609 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704
Time: 6:00 pm
Speaker: Julie Owen, President of AACE
Topic: Implementation of a PMO at Los Angeles Metro
Abstract—Measure R is a sales tax ordinance approved by the voters of Los Angeles County that commits $36 billion over 30 years to transportation initiatives that combat regional traffic congestion. Due to the size and scope of the program, LA Metro (Metro) implemented a Program Management Office (PMO) business unit to promote successful program delivery and provide accountability. The PMO department provides support in project control, portfolio management, project management standards, training, and process improvement. This paper discusses the benefits of implementing the Program Management Office including the following:
• Supporting controls across the project lifecycle including estimating, configuration management, and project controls.
• Providing program and project risk transparency.
• Promoting best practice management for expediting project delivery.
• Facilitating external industry and peer reviews to accelerate project delivery.
• Delivering enterprise-wide project management tools to provide timely reporting.
• Instituting performance management processes and metrics to achieve targets.
• Offering training programs to improve Metro project management capabilities.
• Communicating the value proposition to executive management.
Speaker Bio:Julie Owen is the Current president of AACE; she has authored many papers presented around the world at various professional association events. She works as Director of Program Management at LA Metro and has spearheaded implementation of a Program Management Office (PMO). This paper was presented at the 2015 AACE Annual meeting in Las Vegas and deals with her experience on implementation of a PMO. In addition to presenting the paper she will discuss AACE International’s vision, mission, strategic plan, and overall benefits of Association membership. She is an active volunteer within AACE international and participates on the Women in Project Controls, Young Professional Committee and Mentoring Program.
Virtual Meeting Instructions:
1. Please join my meeting
2. Dial: (877) 746-4263 and enter Passcode:0282613#
RSVP: RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before January 28, 2016 if you plan to attend.
Additional Information: Please email us at email@example.com, and we will respond promptly